On Friday, I led a social media workshop for the National Black Data Processors conference in Philadelphia. One of the attendees was a business owner who had zero social media presence (no linkedin, no twitter, no facebook, no SEO). He said he was totally confused about social media. He said he wanted to attend class to learn social media strategies to implement for his business. He asked how does a business owner stay on top of a constantly changing environment. My reply was “as a business owner, you can’t stay on top. You must find reliable sources (like these articles) that can keep you abreast of the changing environment.” Today’s tip is how to connect your linkedin profile (on-line resume) to your facebook page (distribution network). What I like to say is how to distribute your resume among friends.
To successfully complete this task:
1) know your linkedin profile URL (universal resource locator). This is a very handy link for your business cards and e-mail signature liek. It can be found on linkedin\, edit profile next to the Public Profile tag. The URL always starts http://www.linkedin.com/in/xxx. I personalized my linkedin URL tohttp://www.linkedin.com/in/nicolenewman.
2) Add the linkedin profile application to your facebook profile. (Readhttp://www.examiner.com/x-13481-Philadelphia-Business-Technology-Examiner~y2009m9d26-Facebook-applications-for-business for more info..) Below is a short 2 min. video tutorial from youtube..
Now you are ready to add the linkedin profile as a tab to your facebook page.
1) Once you have added the linkedin application to your facebook page
2) You can click on the tab drop down and type in Linkedin and click enter
3) the page in the picture will appear verifiying your Linkedin URL
4) Correct any changes to the URL, Click save and viola it will appear as a tab.
5) Your page can only have five tabs so you will have to choose which one to move so that your linkedin profile permenantly appears.
Now you can take advantage to make your social friends aware of our value in business. Happy on-line networking!
<iframe width=”640″ height=”360″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/?feature=player_embedded” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen></iframe>